earthdancers is a student run company that has been dedicated to putting on Annual performances of modern dance since 1989. While many people attend the annual performances, few realize what else earthdancers has done.
In 2002, earthdancers was honoured to turn soil alongside Dr. Jane Goodall at the “Jane Goodall Reclamation Trail” in Coniston. Their name can be found on the trail along with INCO Ltd. and Falconbridge Ltd. They have also planted 1 075 evergreen saplings for the Land Reclamation Program.
In 2005, earthdancers took part in the TD Canada Trust Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, removing litter and recyclables from a section of Junction Creek.
Since 2005, earthdancers has performed for:
- the Tsunami Rx Benefit
- the Heart and Wellness initiative
- the EarthCare Sudbury Youth Environmental Gala
- the Sudbury Earth Day Festival
- the Northern Lights Festival Boréal
- the Sudbury District Health Unit
- the Sudbury Dance Festival
- the Nickel District Conservation Authority
- Northeastern Public School
- SCDSB board wide meeting
- the opening of the McEwen School of Architecture in 2013
- ... and many more
earthdancers also received an Ontera Youth Achievement Award, the 2011 Champions for Children Award from Our Children Our Future, and the City of Greater Sudbury’s Civic Award for Volunteerism in 2012.
earthdancers is proud to have been the first sponsor of the local extension of the TransCanada Trail in Greater Sudbury, donating over $2 400 to the creation of the Elgin Greenway.